70 Satire Essay Topics List for 2019: Examples and Prompts
The main aim of writing the satirical essay is to entertain the audience and make them laugh. Though, it’s not all about entertaining. Choosing satirical topic writers should remember that their paper should be critical. The reader is supposed to understand your opinion and attitude concerning the topic.
Only $13.90 / page
If you are struggling to find good satirical proposal ideas, we present for you a list of satirical topics that will surely help you pick up the perfect one.
What is a Satire Essay?
Writing a satire essay requires using a satire as a key part of the whole paper. If we are speaking of the definition of satire, it can be explained as humor that is used to recover the weak sides and shortcomings of people or things. In this type of essay, the writer usually uses humor, irony, litotes or hyperbole to make fun and criticize someone or something.
It is important to see the difference between humor and satire, as humor is more light and kind laugh, though, satire expresses more importunity and wickedness.
In most cases, the writer creates a funny satire essay to show the real situation in politics or picture the genuine face of celebrities by discovering their imperfection. Sometimes, the satire essay is used to criticize an event, book, or film.
70 Satire Essay Topics List for 2019:
- Why people like to compare themselves to rats claiming to be in a “rat race”?
- Do rats sometimes find themselves in a “man race”?
- Why staying fit is more important to girls than to boys
- Does the very institution of money cause all the money-related problems?
- Is eliminating all cars to make the air cleaner all that radical?
- Soccer matches lead to fights and debauchery: Should they be closed events?
- Should people be able to buy specific amounts of food depending on their weight?
- Avoiding social elitism by equalizing wages for all professions
- Is the threat of overcrowding burial grounds real?
- Stopping illegal immigration by refusing to pay the existing immigrants for their work
- How a TV is the best babysitter for your toddler
- How to dodge landing in a stable relationship
- How to criticize your boss and get away with it
- How to confront global warming by refusing to brush your teeth
- The real problems of being in the working class
- How to embarrass yourself on a date as far as it gets
- What makes Donald Trump the definitive President
- The obvious choice between environmental policies and expanding housing projects
- The striking similarities between communist and capitalist systems
- Eliminating racism by encouraging interracial unions
- The secrets of Kenneth Bone’s success on the Internet
- How Donald Trump came to be the best candidate for presidency
- What makes President Trump stand out among all previous Presidents
- President Trump’s promises and his triumphant delivery on them
- My favorite everyday chore
- Curbing overpopulation through Sparta’s methods
- Curbing the issue of illegal immigration by using the illegal immigrants as the nation’s free workforce
- When money becomes a serious issue – Get the currency eliminated
- The introduction of equal salaries – A sure way to stop social prejudice
- Amnesty and Incorrigible Criminals – One sure way of letting the terminally ill citizens go
- Getting the cemeteries decongested – Let Voodoo bring the dead back to life
- Understanding freedom of speech – Let all say whatever they want to say
- Having difficulty staying off fast food? Your cholesterol level will do that for you
- No need to prohibit abortions – The children will be used as free workforce
- How important have social media grown to be in our lives
- Money for nothing: How hard work does not translate to better payment
- What can be better than Obamacare, and How will our government come up with it
- Federal budget: What we should and should not spend more money on
- Oklahoma’s “warm” welcome back for Kevin Durant
- When is the middle ground between the Chinese government and Dalai Lama
- Why do we see more teen moms these days
- High school bullying continuing as office harassment
- Expectations from men and women at the office
- The fun and consequences of harassing your employees
- The many stress factors of the upper class
- Social media platforms are the best place to make new friends
- How to convince someone when you know you are lying
- Several better uses for your time than school
- Video games as means for developing valuable social and professional skills
- Can any publicity be worse than zero publicity?
- How to annoy people into getting what you want from them
- The magical switch between an introvert and an extrovert
- How to flunk your exams and have fun doing it
- Why do we still believe politicians?
- Paying taxes even though the government owes other countries money.
- Political issues highlighted in the daily comics.
- Diversity issues in a society that thrives on people being different.
- Cultural differences that are not being brought to the forefront.
- Raising awareness of helping the environment for future generations.
- Challenging a marriage considered non-traditional.
- Suicide rates are rising.
- Cancer diagnosis increasing for certain forms of cancer.
- Increased drug addiction cases for certain drugs.
- Growing obsession of internet and social media use.
- More people becoming couch potatoes or being lazy.
- Increasing concerns about teen pregnancy.
- Workplace harassment and gender bias.
- Working class citizens and problems they face.
- Obsession with clothing and other forms of fashion.
- Issues of obesity – Solving it through distribution of foods based on body weight