Culture of the youth
– What is implied under civilization?
– Culture is known to hold many significances. One of them refers to the religious and material accomplishments of humanity. On the whole it is possible to separate three sorts of civilization. They are elect civilization, folk civilization and popular civilization. These civilizations are closely connected with one another and one civilization is portion of the others. Elect civilization is a extremely developed sphere, it is comprised of picture, sculpture, architecture, literature, music. Folk civilization is the civilization of mundane life and everyday dealingss of societal life. Folk civilization consists of traditional cognition and pattern. It is like a wont of people, therefore this civilization does non alter really rapidly Popular civilization is aggregate civilization. It is a professionally organized sphere that works for a big mass of people. Popular civilization gives people, particularly immature, criterions to be what they like.
– What can you state about the civilization of the young person?
– Today the life of many immature people in Russia every bit good as in other states of the universe is influenced by popular civilization. The young person follow certain stereotypes that are imposed on them through Television, films, and music. In their life styles they try to copy the images of their graven images. Other immature people are athleticss and music fans. They frequent bowls and immense concert halls. They follow their graven images in their Tourss throughout the state and back up them. Unfortunately they are intolerant to those who do non portion their position. It is a specific facet of the young person sub-culture that can non be ignored.
– Do many immature people follow this form?
– No, they do n’t. Many immature people have other involvements. For some of them acquiring cognition is of primary importance. They are fond of reading serious books, listening to serious music. They go to the conservatory and theaters. They are engaged in Hi-Tech through the Internet.
– What do you and your friends prefer?
– We prefer music. It plays a really of import portion in the life of immature work forces. Tastes differ, and the music scene is altering. Young people like different sorts of music. Some like disco music they can dance to. Some like loud, heavy stone music. Some like the popular reggae sound. Some like South American beat. Many of them are fond of wind. Madonna and Bruce Sprigsteen from the USA and George Michael from Britain besides have immense Numberss of fans. As for me, my friends and I enjoy Gaelic common people music. My favorite groups that perform Gaelic music are “ Chieftains ” and “ River dance ” .
– Is Gaelic common people music popular in Russia?
– Yes, it is. It is really popular. For illustration, St. Patrick ‘s Day, the major Irish vacation, is celebrated throughout Moscow. You can hear Gaelic music everyplace on this twenty-four hours. It should be said that festivals of Irish music are on a regular basis held in Russia, hosting groups executing Gaelic music from Ireland, Great Britain, the USA and Russia.
– Bash you mean that there are groups in Russia that play Gaelic music?
– Yes, there are. In such groups as “ Slua Si ” , “ Pucken ‘ Piper ” , and “ Reelroads ” Russian immature work forces execute Irish and Scottish music.
– What can you state about Russian stone music?
– I am non a fan of Russian stone. But there are a batch of stone instrumentalists in our state. Such groups as “ Alisa ” , “ DDT ” and “ Mumiy Troll ” are really popular among Russian immature people. It is interesting to observe that many immature people still listen to the music of the groups that do non be any more. I mean “ Kino ” and “ Nautilus Pompilius ” .
– What books do Russian immature people read?
– Many immature people are fond of narratives and novels written by Victor Pelevin and Boris Akunin. Their plants are illustrations of such literary tendencies as station modernism and station Constructivism. Besides, many immature people like to read scientific discipline fiction literature. The novels by the Strougutskys ‘s are best read even today. Among the immature scientific discipline fiction writers the novels by Serge Lukjanenko are really popular. A batch of immature people are fond of are science fiction and phantasy.
– Why are scientific discipline fiction and phantasy so popular in Russia?
– These literary tendencies are poplar non merely in Russia but all over the universe. The best read foreign fantasy author is J.R.R. Tolkien. His books truly ushered in a new epoch in literature. J.R.R. Tolkien won celebrity due to his original heroic poem trilogy “ The Lord of the Rings ” . This outstanding work by the mid-1960s became a sociocultural phenomenon. While working on his trilogy J.R.R. Tolkien created “ The Hobbit ” which was an debut to it. Both “ The Hobbit ” and “ The Lord of the Rings ” are set in a fabulous yesteryear. “ The Lord of the Rings ” chronicles the battle between assorted good and evil lands for ownership of a charming ring that can switch the balance of power in the universe. The trilogy is singular for its phantasy types – elves, midgets, hobbits – and its sustained inventive storytelling. It is regarded as a rare, successful modern version of the heroic heroic poem.
– Bash you cognize anything about urban sub-cultures of the young person?
– It is by and large held that sub-culture is the civilization of those who are dissatisfied with their topographic point in society. On the whole Teds, Mods, Rockers, Bikers, Skinheads and Punks are the sub-cultures of the politically or economically weak sections of the society.
– What do recent sub-cultures protest against?
– Arsenic is known, recent sub-cultures reflect a refusal to victimize signifier in post-1945 society. For illustration, the sub-culture of Rastafairians was based on nostalgia for a lost universe. They idealized Africa.
– Who were Rastafairians?
– Rastafairians were Afro-Caribbean immigrants in Britain. They dreamed of aureate age in Africa before the slave bargainers came. They viewed Britain as portion of the Biblical ‘Babylon ‘ , the land of bondage, and Africa particularly Ethiopia as the ‘Promised Land ‘ . These Rastafairians began to have on typical apparels, disguise jackets, big chapeaus in the ruddy, gold and green colors of Ethiopia and put their long, untrimmed hair in ‘dreadlocks ‘ . They took to talking in a particular ‘patois ‘ or idiom. Rastafairians were noncompliant until they became a recognized and legitimate minority group in Great Britain at the terminal of the 1980s.
– What made the greatest impact on the development of urban sub-cultures?
– Black music which came to Britain through the Rastafairians made its impact on urban sub-cultures. Such types as ska, reggae and ‘Hip-hop ‘ evolved in the Caribbean and the United States, developed in Britain during the 1970s, came to Russia in the 1990s In Britain reggae music is held as powerful look of dissenters. In our state reggae is the music of the adolescents. Many sub-cultures developed as a consequence of music merger of black and white civilizations.
– Can you give an illustration of such merger?
– Skinheads developed in the 1970s in England out of an older cult, the Mods. They imitated black idiosyncrasy and manner and danced to reggae. At the same clip the white adolescents who loved the music and copied the apparels of the Afro-asian immigrants were violent to them. They wore heavy boots, denims and braces, and shave their hair or cut it really abruptly. They sharply sought to retrieve a petroleum working-class individuality which their parents ‘ coevals had mostly abandoned. In the chief, Skinheads dreamed about the resurgence of the traditional propertyless civilization. Now this motion is in diminution in Britain but it flourishes in East European states and Russia. The Skinheads in Great Britain were identified with utmost right flying positions.
– What can you state about Flower peoples?
– Flower peoples belonged to the opposing immature people of the late sixtiess. Their signifiers of protest corresponded to the criterions of their contemporary society. Coming against the war in Vietnam the immature Americans, who associated themselves with Flower peoples, established their communes. The motion spread throughout Europe. Hippies led a crude life in their ain states and so moved to the East. They rebelled against the values of their society. Their graven image was J.R.R. Tolkien, who created the fairy narrative of the 20th century. His heroic poem trilogy “ The Lord of the Rings ” became the guidelines for Flower peoples.
– What do you cognize about Punkss?
– Equally far as I know, Punks appeared in Britain in the seventiess as a reaction to the glamor of the dad star universe of the sixtiess. Punkss, like the Skinheads, are regressive, but inactive and politically apathetic. Their existent attractive force to the immature has been their ability to diss middle-aged sentiment, particularly among the defenders of societal values. They have done it by utilizing coarse linguistic communication, tiring green and pink hair, dressing in lacerate apparels, mangling their organic structures with safety pins. Now Punks are in diminution in Britain but are popular in our state. Punkss, Skinheads and Rastafairians, each in their ain manner asserted that they resided in a universe, as they understood it, alienated by category and race. By and large they were immature people with low self-respect, who did ill at school. Joining a pack was a agency of happening a position. They opposed the traditional universe in which they were settled as fiasco elements.
– Are at that place other cults within urban sub-culture?
– Yes, there are. “ Heavy metal ” is one of them. This music of failure is widely despised by those who enjoy dad, reggae or psyche. Unlike other Rebel cults the followings of heavy metal act them egos as victims. They wear Gothic book and smile sculls, look of demoralized involvements. It is known that cults originate and vanish over periods of a decennary or two. Ragga and Gothic arose in the 1980s. Raggas are American-inspired. They are clothed in baseball caps, tracksuits pants and chunky trainers. Gothic is a blend of 1970s Punk and 1960s Flower peoples. “ Goths ” wear their hair really long and bleached black, and frock in cheap, loose apparels. They put on makeup, looking really pale with cosmetics around the eyes. They are non aggressive, and seem to experience nostalgia for the youth civilization and music of the sixtiess. At the terminal of the 1980s Acid House was a stylish sub-culture. It fascinated 1000s juveniles who had non before belonged to a cult. Acid House guaranteed merriment and nightlong dance. It had its ain music which was another fluctuation on black music from America ( “ House Music ” ) . By the 1990s this motion was besides in diminution. It is interesting to observe that sub-cultures follow a rhythm. At first they shock so arouse a strong response. Equally shortly as the sub-culture additions momentum it magnetizes young person in hunt of Rebel integrity. Many adopt it for merriment, and drama at rebellion in their leisure clip. The sub-culture quickly ceases to show serious dissent. In the terminal it becomes another recognized and colorful portion of urban civilization.