Electronics Product Evaluation Essay Research Paper In
Electronicss Product Evaluation Essay, Research Paper
In my GCSE Major undertaking for DT electronic merchandises, I wasn & # 8217 ; Ts pleased with my circuit, as nevertheless many times I tested it, it wouldn & # 8217 ; t work. However, I think the remainder of my undertaking went good. The first thing I did was design my circuit by computing machine. I based it on one published in Everyday Practical Electronics Magazine, although I made some changes to it to accommodate my specifications. This was so etched in Cu onto my printed circuit board. Following to be added were the constituents. After traveling down to Maplins to purchase what I needed, I drilled holes in my PCB and soldered them in. This was one country where I had jobs because sometimes every bit shortly as the solder dried I noticed it hadn & # 8218 ; t lodge onto the PCB and I had to make it once more. Acerate leaf to state it took me a drawn-out period of clip to solder every constituent.
Only $13.90 / page
The casing wasn & # 8218 ; t as tricky for me to do. Two of the boxes I made were for two separate squads in a saloon quiz and both contained of merely a big push-button. The chief box was designed for the referee of the game to supervise who answered the inquiries foremost, and consisted of the chief circuit, an on/off switch and a reset switch. To do the chief box I took five pieces of acrylic and sawed them to the right size. Mr Heather glued them together. Following lesson when the gum was set, I took another piece of acrylic and dead set it with a strip warmer to do a palpebra. Besides I had to pass a lesson sanding the corners down. Something that went incorrect during the devising of my box happened when I was boring holes for the switches. While I was boring, the plastic snapped in half and flew off the clinch. I prevented this from go oning the 2nd clip by boring slower. The two push-button instances were made out of MDF, which I glued, sanded and painted black to fit the other box. Making the shell was one thing in
my project that went well, and I think they looked professional and attractive. It was durable and light as I had put on my specification. While I was making my product, I made some adjustments to my original idea. The first change from what I had intended was the push-button I used. The one I used was small compared to the ones I described on the research page; this was because there weren‚t any bigger ones in stock at any local component shops. I changed my box design to accommodate them and drilled the right size holes, so the push-buttons turned out fine. The second adjustment came when I had planned to use signal lamps to show when each contestant pressed their button, but the wires broke on them, so I had to use some LED‚s. These were the best thing in the stock cupboard I could find to fit my casing. This was because I didn‚t have time to buy any more components; the circuit was to be handed in the next day. If I did it again, I would improve the quiz boxes by getting more quality components as one of the reasons why my circuit didn‚t work could have been my components weren‚t the right values or were broken. I would also redesign my circuit board – it could have been made smaller, and also I did the space for the thyristors wrong and one part of my track was unused. Another improvement would be to use less wiring on my components. Some of the wires were too long, and they always got tangled up. If my quiz boxes were to be produced industrially, I would have cut down the wiring, as useless wiring would be a waste of materials. Making a prototype for an electronic product was tough and very time consuming. I had to stay behind after school a few times to finish the soldering and testing. Although I didn‚t get my idea to work like I had planned, I did learn a lot about circuit design and I gained experience in making and designing electronic products.