High School and Instructional Performance Essay Sample
This survey attempts to cognize the instructional public presentation of Technology and Livelihood Education ( TLE ) instructors of Las Pinas National High School. as a footing for module mentoring plan. Specifically. this seeks to reply the undermentioned jobs: 1. What is the demographic profile of TLE instructors as to: 1. 1 1. 2 1. 3 1. 4 1. 5 1. 6 1. 7 1. 8 Gender ; Age ; Civil Status ; Educational Qualifications ; Area of Specialization ; Length of Service ; and In-service preparations attended in TLE for the last three school old ages ; Performance Ratings for the last three old ages?
2. What is the degree of instructional public presentation of the respondents with regard to: 2. 1 introductory accomplishments ; 2. 2 2. 3 developmental accomplishments ; reasoning accomplishments ;
3. Is there a important difference between the degree of instructional public presentation as perceived by: 3. 1 3. 2 3. 3 school administrators/department caputs and instructors instructors and pupils ; school administrators/ section caputs and pupils?
4. Based on the findings of this survey. what module mentoring plan can be proposed? The descriptive research study method is used in this survey to cognize the instructional public presentation of TLE instructors of Las Pinas National High school.
Only $13.90 / page
The instrument used for informations assemblage is the checklist reinforced by an unstructured interview. The questionnaire has two parts. Part 1 is for the demographic profile of the instructor – respondents which includes their gender. age. civil position. educational makings. country of specialisation. length of service. in-service preparations attended for the last three old ages and public presentation evaluations for the last three old ages. Part II of the questionnaire features the Teaching- Learning Observation Guide ( TLOG ) in the signifier of evaluation graduated table which focuses on instructional public presentation accomplishments of instructors viz. Introductory accomplishments. Developmental accomplishments and Concluding accomplishments. The participants of the survey are eighty ( 80 ) TLE instructors or 95 per centum out of the 80 four ( 84 ) instructors in the Division of Las Pinas City. four school decision makers and seven section caputs and three hundred seventy-seven ( 377 ) senior pupils.
They are sampled utilizing the Sloven’s Formula. To reply the research inquiry on the demographic profile of the teacher-respondents consequently. the informations are tallied. computed. analyzed and interpreted by finding the per centum per point. Likewise. to reply the research inquiry on the degree of instructional public presentation of TLE instructors as perceived by school decision makers / section caputs. teacher themselves and pupils. the mean of leaden frequences ( MWF ) and overall mean is computed and interpreted. To reply and find if there is a important difference between the perceptual experiences of school decision makers / section caputs and instructors ; instructors and pupils and school administrators/ section caputs and pupils. the analysis of discrepancy ( ANOVA ) for two groups is used. To accept or reject the void hypothesis. the single-classification analysis of discrepancy ( ANOVA ) is used. The F – trial calculated values are tested at. 05 degree of significance. The undermentioned findings are summarized based on the informations contained in the different tabular arraies as presented.
1. Profile of the teacher-respondents
1. 1 Gender. Of the 80 ( 80 ) instructor – respondents of Las Pinas National High School. Division of Las Pinas City. fifty-nine ( 59 ) or 73. 75 per centum are female and they are greater in figure than male TLE module members. 1. 2 Age. Twenty-six ( 26 ) or 32. 5 per centum of them are in the 36 – 40 age bracket. 1. 3 Civil Status. As respects to their civil position. bulk of the instructor – respondents are married stand foring 65 ( 65 ) or 81. 25 per centum of the TLE instructors. 1. 4 Educational Qualifications. Forty – seven ( 47 ) or 58. 75 per centum of them are BSE / BSHE / BSIE graduates. 1. 5 Area of Specialization. Twenty – one ( 21 ) or 26. 25 per centum of the TLE instructors specialized in Home Economics. while 18 ( 18 ) or 22. 5 per centum specialized in Industrial Arts. 1. 6 Length of Service. Majority of the instructor – respondents have been in the service for 11 – 15 old ages stand foring 30 – two ( 32 ) or 40 per centum. 1. 7 Degree of In-service Trainings Attended. The survey reveals that respondents attended merely inservice preparations at the school degree. With a entire figure of one hundred 80 – six ( 186 ) and 77. 5 per centum and 20 – three ( 23 ) or 9. 58 per centum of them attended division degree in – service preparations.
1. 8 Performance Ratings for the last three old ages. With regard to public presentation evaluations for the last three old ages. there are 70 – 1 ( 71 ) or 88. 75 per centum of TLE instructors who had really satisfactory ( VS ) evaluations during school twelvemonth 2006 – 2007 ; sixty – nine ( 69 ) or 86. 25 per centum. really satisfactory ( VS ) evaluations in school twelvemonth 2007 – 2008. and 66 ( 66 ) or 82. 50 per centum of them received really satisfactory ( VS ) evaluations for school twelvemonth 2008 – 2009 2. Degree of Instructional Performance of the respondents with regard to 2. 1 Introductory Skills. The overall mean evaluation of the respondents refering instructional public presentation with regard to Introductory Skills as perceived by school decision makers / section caputs. instructors and pupils is 4. 19 described as Often.
On the other manus. the entire leaden mean of instructors and pupils are 4. 14 and 4. 07 severally described as Often. For school decision makers / section heads the entire leaden mean is 4. 36 descriptively described as Always. 2. 2 Developmental Skills. In footings of Developmental Skills as perceived by school decision makers /department caputs. instructors and pupils the leaden mean are 3. 86. 4. 08 and 3. 96 severally described to be Often. The overall mean is 3. 97. 2. 3 Reasoning Skills. For the concluding Skills. instructors are perceived by school administrators/department caputs with a leaden mean of 4. 32 described as Always. However. the instructors and pupils assessed the instructor to be frequently with 4. 13 and 3. 90 leaden agencies severally. The overall mean is 4. 12 described as Often.
3. Degree of Instructional Performance as perceived by:
3. 1 School decision makers / section caputs and instructors. There is no important difference between the degrees of instructional public presentation as perceived by the school administrators/ section caputs and instructors. The computed values of F which are 2. 75. 3. 91 and 0. 27. severally are smaller than its tabular value of 5. 32. 4. 08 and 18. 75 at 5 percent degree of significance. 3. 2 Degree of instructional public presentation as perceived by instructors and pupils. Refering to the variables of instructional public presentation viz. Introductory Skills. Developmental Skills and Concluding Skills. the computed F value of 0. 67. 0. 73 and 0. 45 severally show that they are lower than the table value of 5. 32. 4. 08 and 18. 51 at 5 percent degree of significance. Therefore. the void hypothesis saying that there is no important difference between the degree of instructional public presentation as perceived by instructors is accepted. 3. 3 School Administrators/ Department Heads and pupils.
Based on the Analysis of Variance ( ANOVA ) tabular array of trial difference. the computed values of F are 4. 25. 0. 48 and 3. 00 severally are smaller compared with the tabular values which are 5. 32. 0. 48 and 18. 51 at 5 percent degree of significance. The hypothesis that there is no important difference between the degree of instructional public presentation of instructors is accepted as perceived by the school decision makers and pupils. 4. Proposed Faculty Mentoring Program Based on the findings of this survey. a Faculty Mentoring Program is herewith proposed specifying among other things the goals/objectives. methodological analysis. type of preparations. resource individuals. participants findings/logistics. clip frame. locale. rating indexs. figure of preparation. session rubrics. episodes and developing ushers. In the visible radiation of the research findings obtained in this survey. the undermentioned decisions are drawn. 1. TLE teacher –respondents are largely female with an mean age bracket of 36 to 40 and bulk of them are married instructors.
Based on the educational makings. most are BSE/BSHE and BSIE graduates with major in Home Economics and Industrial Arts. Majority of the TLE instructors have been in the service from 11 ( eleven ) – 15 ( 15 ) old ages. Most of the respondents attended inservice preparations at the school and division degrees merely and had a Very Satisfactory ( VS ) public presentation evaluations for three school old ages. 2006 to 2009. 2. The School Administrators/Department Heads perceived the TLE instructors Often attesting the introductory accomplishments while the instructors and pupils perceived the instructors as Often making introductory accomplishments and the overall perceptual experience of School Administrators/department caputs was 4. 36 which is described as Always. On the Developmental accomplishments. the instructors are perceived as frequently attesting the expected behaviour on the existent development of the lesson. On the concluding accomplishments. instructors are perceived to be on a regular basis giving assignments with clear instructions and supplying chances to use their acquisition in new and/ or existent life state of affairss.
3. The school administrators/department caputs. instructors and pupils seemed to be one in evaluation TLE instructors. that they are executing good in their instructional public presentation viz. Introductory Skills. Developmental Skills and Concluding Skills. 4. The proposed Faculty Mentoring Program based on this survey would be a timely response to run into the demands and concerns of instructors on their Instructional public presentation. The undermentioned recommendations are based on the findings and decisions of this Survey: 1. The Division should non be know aparting in engaging new instructors and should engage more male instructors every bit long as they are qualified. The on the job age of TLE instructors must be considered as one of import index in using instructors.
The school /division should welcome non merely individual instructors but besides married instructors. for they can supply schoolroom ambiance that is more lovingness and apprehension. School should exert excess attention in engaging TLE instructors in the secondary degree. so that merely the qualified 1s would be accommodated to learn TLE topics. There is a demand to upgrade the educational makings of TLE instructors by promoting them to inscribe in Masteral and Doctoral degree classs for professional growing and promotion. The division should give wagess or inducements to those instructors who have rendered service for more than 15 old ages. There is a demand to back up teachers’ quest for professional growing and promotion by promoting them to go to besides in-service preparations in regional. national and international degrees. There is a demand for instructors to exercise attempt to even excel the Very Satisfactory public presentation evaluations for the last three old ages. The human resource unit of the Division should see to it that there should be a balance on the distribution of TLE instructors with regard to countries of specialisation. specifically in-line with the TLE four major constituents. Home Economics. Industrial Arts Agricultural Arts and Entrepreneurship.
2. There is a demand to better and upgrade teacher’s instructional competency with mention to introductory accomplishments specifically the checking of assignments and the debut of the lessons in interesting mode. There is a demand for instructors to be exposed or oriented on assorted preparations. methodological analysiss. techniques and schemes that they can utilize in existent developmental lesson activities. like in the followers: communicating degree in schoolroom instruction ; provender backup ; art of oppugning. subject ; usage of alternate and non-traditional appraisal ; collaborative and concerted acquisition activities ; integrating of macro Skills ; Content Based Instruction ; integrating of values in larning countries and encouraging pupils engagement and decisionmaking.
School Administrators/ Department caputs and Supervisors should ever look into or see to it that the Concluding Skills are ever manifested by the instructors ; 3. School Administrators should invent program or plan to prolong and farther develop the accomplishments which make instructors competent and effectual. There is a demand for an execution of relevant TLE mentoring plan focussing non merely on introductory. developmental and reasoning accomplishments but besides in their other demands. School Administrators/Department Heads should go on utilizing Teaching-Learning Observation Guide ( TLOG ) to help specifically the TLE instructors in their instructional public presentation. Feed back on the bing instructional public presentation of TLE instructors utilizing the TLOG should similarly be continuously solicited ;
There is a demand to keep a school – based mentoring plan to develop the professional competences among experient and new instructors. Future surveies and researches focused on teachers’ instructional public presentation are similarly encouraged.