Questions in the Kite Runner Essay Sample
1. What did Baba make up one’s mind to build and pay for?
2. Why do you believe Amir lied to Baba and told him that Hassan had “the runs” when they were approximately to go forth for the orphanhood gap?
3. Why did Amir state to Baba. “ I think I have sataran” ( Cancer ) ?
4. What was Baba’s response when the air current knocked his chapeau to the land and everyone laughed at him during his dedication address to the orphanhood? What does this state about his character?
5. Describe in item Baba’s married woman.
6. What has Amir learned at school about alcoholic drinks? How does this differ from what his male parent tells him? What does his male parent state him about intoxicant and about his instructors?
7. What is the lone wickedness harmonizing to Baba? Explain how this is so.
8. How did Amir flight from Baba’s “aloofness” ( p. 19 ) What did Amir win at school? How did Baba respond?
9. What did Baba desire Amir to be interested in? How did Amir respond?
10. What major event happened at the Equus caballus races that disquieted Amir so severely? How did Baba respond?
11. How do the vicinity boys dainty Amir?
12. What does Rahim Khan say is losing in Amir? How does Amir confute him in what he says to Hassan the following forenoon?
13. What is your sentiment of Amir’s character?
14. What is your sentiment of Baba?
Kite Runner Questions
1. What was the consequence of the accident in 1933 when two drunk work forces hit and killed a Hazara twosome and orphaned a five twelvemonth old? What was the rummy men’s penalty? ”
2. Who was the small male child. and what did Amir’s gramps do to assist him?
3. How does Amir depict his relationship with Hassan on pg. 25? What grounds does Amir give for non keeping Amir so near?
4. List at least five things that Amir and Hassan did together when they were younger.
5. What did Amir and Hassan spend their allowance on each hebdomad?
6. Describe in item Hassan and Amir’s daily agenda.
7. What would Amir make for Hassan as they at Punica granatums? Explain why Hassan is illiterate.
8. Explain the undermentioned quotation mark. “ But despite his illiteracy. or possibly because of it. Hassan was drawn to the enigma of words. seduced by a secret universe forbidden to him. ”
9. What did Amir make when they came across a large word that Hassan didn’t cognize? What does this state about Amir’s character? How does this do you experience approximately Hassan as you read?
10. When Amir started to experience guilty. what would he make to do it up to Hassan? Do you believe that this truly makes up for Amir’s actions? Why or why non?
11. What was the boy’s favourite narrative in the Shahnamah? What was it about?
12. What was the 2nd fast one that Amir played on Hassan? What does Hassan unwittingly tell him?
13. Amir is inspired to compose a short narrative. What was it about? Do you like his dark small narrative? ( 30-31 ) ?
Chapter 8 Quiz
1. What alteration in modus operandi has Hassan begun? What true consequence do you believe this is holding on Amir?
2. How do you experience about that fact that Amir lies to Ali when he asks him what happened at the kite tourney? Why do you believe Amir responds so sharply?
3. How has Baba been handling Amir otherwise? Provide several illustrations.
4. Who did Baba stop up ask foring to Jalalabad? How does Amir experience about this? How do you cognize?
5. Why would Rahim Khan be looking at him in an uneven manner when all of the others in the new wave were speaking to Amir about the kite tourney?
6. What happens to Amir on the manner to Jalalabad?
7. What image comes to Amir as he is sitting on the side of the route looking up at the Sun? What does this image demo us. the reader. about what Amir is thinking/feeling?
8. Now that Amir eventually has a relationship with Baba. how does he experience?
9. What is the traditional manner of dining. harmonizing to Amir on pg. 85?
10. Who does Amir confess to about Hassan’s colza? What is his new “curse” ?
11. Who turned out to be the monster in the lake in Hassan’s dream. harmonizing to Amir? What is Amir afflicted with from this dark on?
12. What does Amir make when Hassan tries to acquire him to hang out with him? How does Hassan experience about this? Why is this go oning? How do YOU experience about this?
13. What does it intend when Amir provinces ( about Hassan ) . “But even when he wasn’t around he was. ” ( pg. 89 )
14. What is Amir acquiring at when he asks Baba if he has of all time thought about acquiring new retainers? What is Baba’s reaction to this inquiry? Why would Amir inquire this in the first topographic point?
15. What is Hassan looking frontward to? Why?
16. How do you cognize that Amir is experiencing guilty about non helping Hassan?
17. Why did Amir privation or need instead. for Hassan to hit him with the pomegranite? How did Amir respond alternatively?
18. Describe Amir’s 13th birthday.
19. What did Assef give Amir for his birthday?
20. Why did Rahim Khan state Amir his narrative? Why doesn’t Amir Tell him his?
Chapter 9 Quiz
1. Why does Amir merely flip all of his nowadayss in the corner of his room?
2. What did Ali and Hassan give Amir for his birthday?
3. What does Amir make to ache Hassan and Ali? Why does he make such a thing?
4. Who is Ali protecting Hassan from? Why is Amir sword lily that Hassan has told Ali the narrative?
5. What does Baba make that surprises Amir?
6. What does Baba implore Ali non to make?
7. Why do you believe Baba is so passionate about their departure?
8. What does Amir state would go on if it were one of the Hindi films that the he and Hassan used to watch? What did he make in actuality?
Chapter 10 Quiz
1. How does Baba see Amir’s auto illness?
2. Where were Baba and Amir traveling?
3. How did they leave their house? Why is this important?
4. What did Baba and Amir take with them when they left?
5. What was go oning politically in Kabul? Give some illustrations of how life was altering for Kabul’s citizens ( p. 112-113 )
6. What does the Russian soldier desire? What does Baba make about it? What is Amir’s response to what Baba does abouut it?
7. Why can’t Baba and Amir continue on their trip to Peshawar? What did Baba make to Karim and why?
8. What is Baba’s answer when the work forces ask him why his isn’t praying to God. because God was traveling to salvage them all? ( p. 120 ) What do you believe about what he says?
9. What do you believe happened to Kamal? What hints were given to do you believe this?
10. How are the refugees be aftering on acquiring to Peshawar?
11. What memory of felicity did Amir conjure up when he was seeking to acquire his head off of the darkness and the malodor?
12. Why did looking at Baba’s bags make Amir sad?
13. What happened to Kamal and his male parent? Describe the concluding scene in chapter 10.
Kite Runner Questions
1. What is dry about the first two lines in Chapter 11 ( pg. 125 ) ?
2. What was Baba’s opinoin of Jimmy Carter? Who was Jimmy Carter?
3. Who did Baba support politically? Why? How do you cognize?
4. Describe how the United States was impacting Baba? ( p. 126 )
5. Where did Baba work?
6. Why did Baba throw a tantrum. and endanger the Nguyens? What didn’t he understand?
7. How did recognition work in Kabul?
8. What did Baba lose about being in Kabul?
9. Why does Baba decline to take the public assistance money from Mrs. Dobbins? How does she answer?
10. How does Baba experience after he takes attention of the public assistance state of affairs?
11. What does Baba make for Amir’s graduation? What does this Tell you about his character? How do we cognize that everyone loves Baba?
12. What does Baba give him? What does Baba so say about Hassan?
13. What does Amir believe about America? What does Amir believe about Afghhanistan now? What does he state about it?
14. What did Amir and Baba do with their Volkswagen coach?
15. Who is Mr. Iqbal Taheri?
16. Why does Amir experience the impulse to look toward the grey new wave all twenty-four hours?
17. What was the narrative drifting around about Taheri’s girl? What does Amir think of her?
1. What is Jadi? What was Amir and Hassan’s tradition on this dark? Why does Khaled Hosseini state us about this?
2. What is yelda?
3. Desribe Soraya as Amir sees her.
4. What is Nang and Namoos? Why does Baba state Amir to be careful?
5. Why did all of the Afghan people at the flea market halt and bend when Amir asks what Soraya is reading?
6. Why would Soraya bare the brunt of the chitchat?
7. Who is Jamila? Describe her ( p. 148 )
8. What does it intend when Khaled Hosseini writes. “ Afghan work forces. particularly those from reputable households. were volatile animals?
9. Why is it polite of Amir to go forth when Jamilia asks him to sit down?
10. Why does Amir like it when Soraya’s female parent is present for their meetings?
11. How does Amir experience about the General? How do you cognize?
12. Why does Soraya desire to be a instructor?
13. How is Amir’s learning experience different than Sorayas?
14. Why didn’t Amir get to “brood” over what happened at the flea market?
15. Why does Amir eventually insist that Baba see a physician? What do they detect?
16. Why does Baba decline to see Dr. Schneider?
17. What does the bronchoscopy show is in Baba’s lungs? How does Baba respond? How does Amir respond?
18. Give illustrations of Baba’s deteriorating wellness.
19. What happened to Baba at the flea market while he was selling a lamp shade?
20. What does Amir ask of his male parent? How does Baba experience about this?
21. What is the result of Baba’s visit to the General’s place?
Kite Runner Questions
1. Describe Taheri’s place.
2. What is the Afghan ceremonial like? Please describe in item.
3. Why did Amir and Soraya forgo the battle period?
4. How much did Baba pass on the nuptials ceremonial? Do people typically spend this much on nuptialss in America? What precisely did he acquire for his money?
5. Why was Amir dressed in green?
6. Describe what Ayena Masshaf is. ( p. 171 ) Why do Afghanis preform this ceremonial?
7. Who does Amir believe about at his nuptials? What precisely was he believing about when he was inquiring about this individual?
8. Who suggested that Amir and Soraya live with Baba after they got married?
9. What did Soraya make when Baba was truly ill? Describe in item what she does for him. Would you make this for person who was badly?
10. What did Amir catch Soraya and Baba making? What was his reaction?
11. What is Sabzi Challow?
12. What happens to Baba after the dark of visitants? How do you cognize? What does he decline?
13. Describe Baba’s funeral.
14. List three things that his equals had to state about him.
15. What does the general suffer from one time a month?
16. What did the general believe about Afghanistan?
17. What had Jamilla one time been celebrated for in Kabul? Why doesn’t she do it any longer?
18. What happens at a nuptials that upsets Soraya?
19. Where do Soraya and Amir move after Baba dies?
20. What does Amir make with the VW coach? Where is his new occupation?
21. What does Amir make with his composing calling? What does he carry through?
22. How does Amir experience about holding kids?
22. What jobs are Amir and Soraya holding at the terminal of the chapter?
23. Whata is Soraya’s secret that she reveals to Amir? How does Amir experience about this?
Amir enviousness Soraya?
Kite Runner Quiz
Chapter 14 and 15
1. Where is Amir be aftering on sing?
2. What was Amir dreaming of the dark before he leaves on his trip?
3. Describe the cab driver in Chapter 15.
4. Explain what Amir’s originative authorship instructor said about cliches. Why is this humourous? What cliche describes the interaction with Rahim Khan? Why?
5. How did people now move about from topographic point to topographic point. vicinity to vicinity in Kabul?
6. Why does Rahim Khan say that he decided to remain in Kabul?
7. Who lived with Rahim Khan in Kabul?
8. How did Amir candidly feel about desiring to cognize about Amir. when he was in America?
Kite Runner Questions
Please read mutely and reply the inquiries as you read.
1. Who was in the polarioid image that was in the envelope that Amir opens? Describe the exposure in item.
2. Would hold Amir recognized Hassan if he had bumped into him on the street?
3. Sum up the missive that Hassan has written to Amir.
4. Why did the Talib hit Farzana? Why didn’t Hassan battle back?
5. What does Hassan state that he has dreampt of?
6. What has happened to Hassan? Why?
7. How were Hassan and Farzana’s deceases justified by the authorities?
8. Why didn’t anyone come frontward?
9. Where is Sorhab?
10. What does Rahim Khan ask of Amir?
11. Why does it hold to be Amir that does this for Rahim Kahn and for Sohrab?
12. Why does Rahim Kahn state us about Ali’s first married woman of three old ages? Why is this important? What does this state us about Hassan? About Baba?
13. Why doesn’t Amir want to cognize this information? What is his reaction to the information one time he has it?
1. What does Amir state that he feels like as he walks down the street?
2. What had Baba stolen harmonizing to Amir?
3. How is the cliche true for Amir and Baba. “ like male parent like son” ?
4. Make you believe that life would hold been different for Ali and Hassan if Amir had non had them kicked out? Do you believe that the class of events was all Amir’s mistake?
5. How can Amir be good once more?
6. What is Amir’s concluding determination?
1. Describe Khyber Pass.
2. What does the cab driver offer Amir? Why does he lie about it doing him experience better?
3. Describe Farid’s household. How semen he merely has five kids now?
4. What were the readyings that Amir had to do in order to travel to Kabul?
5. Why did Amir make up one’s mind to go forth for Kabul so shortly. even when Rahim Khan had asked him to remain for a few more yearss?
6. Why couldn’t he state Soraya that he was traveling to Afghanistan?
7. How does Amir experience about being in Afghanistan? What is the cab driver’s response? What does he state about Amir that is true? Why is he so offended?
8. Who were the dozds?
9. Who are Amir and Farid remaining with?
10 What does Wahid state Amir he should compose about?
11. How is Wahid’s sentiment of Amir different from that of Farid’s?
12. What does Wahid state to Amir after Amir tells him of Hassan and Sorhab? Why does he flinch indoors after he hears it?
13. What does Farid state to Amir before they go to bed? How has his tone changed? Why?
14. What does Amir woolgather? How is this different from what truly happens? Why do you believe he is woolgathering this?
15. How does Amir eventually experience approximately Afghanistan as he steps outside of Wahid’s topographic point?
16. What has Amir left under the matress? What does this reveal about his character? Do you believe he is inactive or dynamic?
The Kite Runner Questions
1. What had Farid warned Amir about? Why wasn’t Amir ready for this?
2. How long did it take to acquire to Kabul when Amir used to populate in Afghanistan? How long does it take now? Why?
3. Describe Kabul in several sentences.
4. What does Farid state him about the kites? About the constabulary?
5. Why isn’t Amir supposed to look the Taliban in the eyes?
6. When the mendicant says. “How seamless seemed love. and so came problem. ” What does this intend? How does it associate to what has happened in Kabul with the Taliban?
7. What happened to Baba’s orphanhood?
8. What was the old beggar’s profession? Why is Amir intrigued?
9. What were some of the inside informations the mendicant told Amir about his female parent?
10. What are the two grounds Amir thinks Baba might non hold told him much about his female parent?
11. Why didn’t Amir and Farid mention the happenstance of the mendicant cognizing his female parent? What does Amir state about this incidence?
12. Describe the orphanhood
13. What does the adult male at the orphanhood say about the image that Amir hands him? Why? Why doesn’t he want to open the door?
14. Why does he eventually allow them in? What piece of information did it take?
15. How many orphans stay at the orphanhood?
16. Why may it be excessively late for Sorhab? Why is it unsafe?
17. Why is Farid so angry at the manager of the orphanhood?
18. How do they happen the adult male who has been taking the kids?
19. How do you experience about the orphanhood manager? What would you hold done if you were he?
Kite Runner Questions
1. Describe the Khyber Restraunt. Why is the Restraunt this manner? Why has Amir been there before?
2. What is hanging nearby? What is the people’s reaction to this?
3. Why was the adult male on the corner seeking to sell his leg?
4. Who does Farid state are “the brains” of the Taliban?
5. Describe Amir’s flashback as they enter the street he used to populate on.
6. How did Amir feel as he looked at his old house?
7. Describe the house.
8. Why does Farid maintain nudging him to leave… to travel rapidly up?
9. What does Amir desire to make? Why does he believe this is insane?
10. What does Farid state Amir to make? Why does Amir take his 10 proceedingss anyhow?
11. What was Amir looking for? Why? Does he happen it?
12. Describe the hotel Amir stays in? Why is he non upset that they charge so much?
13. Describe Ghaza Statium… the odors. the noise…
14. What will go on if they catch the adult male selling “sexy” images? What are the adult females have oning in the images? Would this be considered “sexy” in our state? Why is it so forbidden in Afghanisan?
15. What do they make with the adult female and the blind folded adult male? Why are they making this?
16. Sum up what the churchman says to the crowd.
17. Describe the adult male with the wide shoulders.
18. What does he make to the “accused” ?
19. Why does Amir mention to the adult male as John Lennon? Why is this dry?
20. Predict what might go on when Amir meets with this adult male. What do you experience about this?
Kite Runner Questions
1. Describe Peshawar.
2. What was the hotel room like?
3. Why doesn’t Farid remain the dark? What does Amir give him before he goes? Why?
4. Why doesn’t Mr. Fayyaz charge Amir for a drive to look for Sorhab?
5. Where do they eventually find him?
6. What do Amir and Sorhab talk about as they are sitting together?
7. What does Amir give Sorhab? What does Sorhab state about his household?
8. Describe Sorhabs character as we know him so far. Give illustrations from the text to back up your reply.
9. When Amir tells Sorhab about the fact that he is his father’s brother. he tells him that Baba loved them both every bit. but otherwise. Make you believe this is a true description of his love? What else does Amir state about Baba? Who is he ashamed of?
10. What is Sorhab’s reply when Amir asks him to come place with him? ( p. 235 ) What are some of his concerns?
11. When Amir calls Soraya. Soraya tells him that they have been worried ill about him. Amir tells Soraya to. “tell Jamilla to halt killing sheep. ” What does this mean?
12. What does Soraya state about Amir brining Sorhab place?
13. What happens when Amir and Sorhab visit the American Embassy?
14. What trifle is keeping up the procedure of acceptance? Why is this so dry?
15. Where do Amir and Sorhab have to travel next?
16. Describe Omar Faisal.
17. Why is Sorhab disturbance that he may hold to travel back to an orphanhood? Would this be a lasting thing?
18. What do you foretell happened to Sorhab at the terminal of the chapter?