“Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OSX, iLife, iWork, and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced its magical iPad which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices.” (Farfan, 2017)Product and servicesApple products include iPhone which is the first smartphone with touchscreen capabilities, iPad which was the first tablet released by Apple, Mac which was the first laptop release by Apple, iPod was a way to listen to music, Apple Watch which is a smartwatch release by Apple, Apple TV is a way to watch TV, and their software application which includes iPhone OS (iOS), OS X and watchOS operating systems, iCloud, Apple Pay.Major macro-environment factorsSocial factor: The social factor for Apple is the increasing popularity of mobile devices that a person can carry with them anywhere and social media.
Only $13.90 / page
Apple can take these factor to continue creating products that are mobile and stylists.
Also, social media can increase the promotional influence on a customer to buy Apple products.Economic factor: The economic stability and the increasing growth of a country is a major factor that Apple consider. Apple looks for countries that are economically stable to expand their company to so that they can increase their customers. Also, the increasing growth of a country is important because Apple can increase their revenue.Technological factor: Apple major factors in the technology is their technology integration and the “cloud”. Technological integration allows Apple to create a product that can connect with each other. Like for example, Apple’s watch and iPhone can connect to each other.
Also, Apple can take advantage of the “cloud” by making a product that allows their products to connect to the cloud for personal and business use.Regulatory factor: The government is increasing the privacy regulation of digital technology. This factor threatens Apple because they have to create products that follow the government regulation and they have to make sure their customers’ information is protected.CompetitionComputers- DellStrengths• Dell brand name: Dell has a strong brand name that correlates with the quality of their products.• Dell is the world’s largest pc maker• Dell customer’s satisfaction: Dell’s computers are built to order to satisfied customers specifications.• Dell’s customer’s service: Dell provides the best customer service before and after the sale.• Dell does not sell its products through retail outlets but rather sell their products directly to consumers and enterprisesWeakness• Dell makes the computer, they don’t manufacture computers.
• Lack of retail relationships: Dell has a lack of retail relationship that sells their computers.• Dell products and components come from various other countries to make their products.SonyStrengths• Quality of products: Sony has quality products that they sell• Brand recognition: Sony has strong brand recognition around the world• Innovative products: Sony provides innovative products to their customers.• Great after sale service: the after-sale service of Sony is world class. It has the gain reputation.Weakness• Price: Sony price is too high for average people to purchase their products.• Diversity: Sony has similar products that competitors have and they don’t stand out from the competition.
• Promotions: Sony does not advertisements of their products compared to their competitorsSmartphones -SamsungStrengths:
- Samsung has a large vast number of products they have
- Samsung has the largest market share in the mobile phone market.
- Samsung is one of the most well known brands.
- Samsung has strong manufacturing and marketing capabilities.
- Samsung offers their products at a lower price than their competitors.
- Low-Profit Margin: Samsung has a low-profit margin.
- Diversity: Samsung has too big of product diversity it’s lacking focus on a concentration.
- Dependence: Samsung is heavily dependent on consumer electronics than other companies and manufacturers
- Operating System: Samsung’s operating system “Android” is lacking compared to other operating systems
Section II: Current Strategic ProfileTarget market1.
“One is the music lovers who are targeted by the Apple iPod and iTunes.” (Bhasin,2018)2. “Another target the professionals or even teenagers who are targeted for Apple iPhone, Tablets, MacBook and other such gadgets which can be used by anyone, irrespective of age.” (Bhasin,2018)3. “And third is the crowd which can use their other products and services like Apple TV and Apple IWatch. They also use iBook’s, Apple pay etc.” (Bhasin,2018)4 P’sPlace-Apple has strict guidelines as to who can sell (distribute) their products (Bhasin, 2018).
” This makes Apple product exclusive to store that Apple gives authority to sell their products. Thus, that creates an image that Apple is a high-end product. Apple product is distributing in Apple stores, online Apple store, app store, and authorized retailers such as telecom companies.Price- Apple uses image pricing also called premium pricing for their products because they want to give the image that their product is prestigious to other products that are on the market. The premium pricing attracts middle to upper-class consumers because they can purchase the product rather than lower class and this makes the product exclusive to people who have money. That also gives Apple products high-end image.Products- Apple products are creative because Apple uses customer research to develop their products.
Apple’s core product includes Macintosh, iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and Apple software.Promotion -Apple promotes their products through commercials and print ads and they focus on how their products differ from competitor’s products. The commercial ads for an Apple product last from when the product is first launched and will run throughout the product’s life. Some typical Apple ads “usually follow the same style using either white backgrounds to contrast the stylish black of their products (iPhone, iPad, etc.) and logo, or an inverse with black backgrounds and white text with a white logo (Dowd, 2016).” Apple ads are usually simple and to the point, and focus on a key feature of their product.Section III: Proposed Strategic ProfileApple’s current marketing strategy works because they are the largest brand in technology in terms of revenue and brand ranking.
Apple is making products that the consumers want and making innovative products. Their products are making customers/consumers loyal to their products. The consumer knows when Apple release a product it will outdo any product that is on the market. If they keep going in an upward direction they cannot be stopped by any other company.Apple can improve their promotion in their Current Strategic Profile. The ads are simple and to the point, they need to make memorable ads that people would remember. They can also lower their price so the lower middle class too buy their products.
So that everybody can buy their products and they can probably increase their revenue.