Trung Nguyen Coffee Essay Sample
1. The debut
– Full name: Vietnam Electricity Group.
– International name: Vietnam Electricity.
– Abbreviation: EVN.
– Date: 10/10/1994.
– Laminitis: Vietnam authorities.
– Headquarts: 18 Tran Nguyen Hoan. Ly Thai To. Hoan Kiem. Ha Noi. * Logo:
_ General Corporation of Electric: 5 corporations
+ Northern Power Corporation ( EVN NPC )
+ Southern Power Corporation ( EVN SPC )
+ Central Power Corporation ( EVN CPC )
+ Power Corporation of Hanoi ( EVN HANOI )
+ Power Corporation of Ho Chi Minh City ( EVN HCMC )
_ Members Companies:
+ NPT ( National Power Transmission Corporation )
+ Hoa Binh hydroelectric works
+ University of Electric Power
+ Ho Chi Minh metropolis College of Electric Power
+ College of Central Electricity
– Telephone: ( 84-4 ) 2. 2201371.
– Facsimile: ( 84-4 ) 2. 2201369.
– Website: World Wide Web. evn. com. vn
+ Fields of concern: Production. transmittal and export power. + Other sectors:
• Education: University of Electric Power. Ho Chi Minh City College of Electric Power. Central Electricity College is a member of the group. • Telecommunications: Electricity Telecommunications Company and nomadic webs. Internet services. • Finance and banking: EVN is a stockholder of An Binh Commercial Bank.
Only $13.90 / page
• Vietnam Energy Institute is a research institute in the field of power attached to EVN. Up to now. Electric industry still has high monopoly. Vietnam Electric Group ( EVN ) is individual purchaser and individual marketer in the market. EVN’s maps are make up one’s minding and pointing schemes to develop the electric industry. the electric undertaking. equilibrating the supply and the demand. With an of import function in the electric industry. EVN can make up one’s mind about all jobs. such as where the electric is bought. how much the monetary value is. etc. II. THE SUPPLY OF THE ELECTRIC INDUSTRY
Harmonizing to EVN. in the March 2012. the national power system operation. the electric supply is safe and stable. The power end product of system reached 10. 03 billion kWh ( in which hydropower accounted for 34. 4 % . 24. 2 % coal. gas-fired power 39. 25 % ) . Average power end product is 323. 5 million kWh per a twenty-four hours. The highest end product is 342. 48 million kWh per twenty-four hours ( 20th March ) and the highest capacity is 16. 513 MW. We have 2 chief beginnings to bring forth electricity: hydroelectric power. thermoelectric power. However. we depend on the hydroelectric power more. that is why we frequently lack of the electricity every prohibitionist season. In development works. the denseness of the hydroelectric power will diminish bit by bit and the denseness of thermoelectric power will increase. The noticeable characteristic in the graph below. this is visual aspect and part of new power beginnings: atomic power and renewable power. Besides the domestic power. EVN still have to import from China was 4. 65 billion kWh
National grid is runing with a electromotive force of high T-500kV. 220kV and 110kV and average electromotive force 35 kilovolt and 6 kilovolt. All 500KV and 220KV transmittal lines are managed by the National Power Transmission Corporation. the distribution grid at a electromotive force of 110 kilovolts and high-potential power grid at a electromotive force of 6 kilovolts to 35 kilovolts are managed by the sphere power companies. Table 1. Sum of transmittal lines and Stationss to be added into the national grid for the period 2010-2030 Items| Unit| 2009| 2011-2015| 2016-2020| 2021-2025| 2026-2030| 500kV Station| MVA| 7. 500| 17. 100| 24. 400| 24. 400| 20. 400| 220Kv Station| MVA| 19. 094| 35. 863| 39. 063| 42. 775| 53. 250| 500kV Line| Km| 3. 438| 3. 833| 4. 539| 2. 234| 2. 724|
220kV Line| Km| 8. 497| 10. 637| 5. 305| 5. 552| 5. 020|
In order to fulfill the power demand. the Government of Viet Nam has set specific marks for production and import of electricity. In the Master Plan VII for the period 2010-2020 Vision 2030 ends include: * Manufacturing and importing a sum of 194-210 billion kWh by 2015. 330-362 billion kWh by 2020 and 695-834 billion kWh in 2030. * Prioritize the production of electricity from renewable energy beginnings by increasing the proportion of electricity produced from these energy beginnings from 3. 5 % in 2010 to 4. 5 % of entire electricity production in 2020 and 6 % in 2030.
* Reduce the coefficient of snap of electricity / GDP from the current norm of 2. 0 to 1. 5 in 2015 and 1. 0 in 2020. * Promote a program to electrify the countryside and the cragged part to guarantee that most of the households in these countries have electricity in 2020. The electric industry is a monopolistic market. so EVN must ever develop the schemes in concern and production. And they have 4 chief schemes: * Diversification of domestic power production including traditional power beginnings ( such as coal and gas ) and new beginnings ( such as renewable energy and atomic power ) . * Keep balance in developing capacity on each beginning part: North. Central. and South. to guarantee the dependable supply on each sphere power system in order to cut down transmittal losingss. power sharing and work the hydroelectric power workss fruitfully in each season. * Development of new power beginnings goes together with technological invention of operating mills. * Diversify signifiers of investing and development to heighten competition and increase economic efficiency.
III. tHE Demand OF THE ELECTRIC INDUSTRY
Nowadays. the construction of electricity ingestion is concentrated in two Fieldss: the industry and the family ingestion. about 90 % of demand of power. The chief demand is from the processing industry and the fabrication industry. which promotes the Vietnam’s development. In the hereafter. harmonizing to the National Power Development Master Plan VII. the electricity demand of the state will be continued to turn by 14 – 16 % per twelvemonth in the period 2011-2015 and so decelerate down to 11. 15 % per twelvemonth in the period 2016-2020 and 7. 4 – 8. 4 % per twelvemonth in 2021-2030. The demand of electric industry is affected by many factors. such as GPD. population. electric monetary value. etc. However. the more clear influence is the monetary value. At present. the retail monetary value is made by Ministry of Industry & A ; Trade. when they want to alter the monetary value. they must give a program and submit to the Prime Minister for allowance. Based on the retail monetary value of electricity. EVN will equilibrate and make up one’s mind on the purchase monetary value every bit good as the construction of power.
Harmonizing to the Government. electric monetary value would be adjusted yearly under Decision 21 but with careful consideration of clocking to guarantee minimum impacts on social-economic issues in general and on people’s production in peculiar. Followed the Decision 21. in March 2011 the mean electricity monetary value has rose to 1. 242 VND per kWh ( around 6. 5 US cents ) . which is 15. 28 per centum higher than the monetary value in 2010. In 1st July. 2012. the mean monetary value of electricity is 1. 369 VND/kWh ( non include VAT ) . increases 65 VND/ kWh ( 5 % ) in comparing with the old monetary value. So from 2009 up to now. the electric monetary value additions fivefold. This affects both the family and the house. However. governments consider that the mill has to cover with more jobs than the family. The addition in electric monetary value makes the steadfast rise the cost. increase monetary value of goods. while the concern is hard to increase the merchandising monetary value. This makes a batch of houses have more troubles. The addition in electric monetary value surely makes CPI higher. people have to purchase some goods with higher monetary value. IV. THE RISKS OF ELECTRIC INDUSTRY
There are 6 major hazards for EVN.
1. The monopoly in electricity of EVN.
2. The conditions.
3. Input factors of thermoelectric power.
4. Construction clip and Technology.
5. The involvement.
6. The exchange rate.
But in this presentation. we want to stress “The monopoly in electricity of EVN” . EVN is corporation which belongs to Vietnamese Government. it was founded in 1995. Until 2010. the electricity market in Vietnam is still a State monopoly market where Electricity Corporation of Vietnam ( EVN ) . a province company. owned more than 71 % of all electricity coevals capacity. all transmittal lines. all electricity operation systems. electricity distribution and electricity retail.
Functions of EVN are bring forthing. transmission and administering electricity. With these maps. EVN has monopoly place in the industry. so EVN has to confront with a batch of jobs about developing the electric supply: * Negotiating. subscribing contracts to purchase and sell new power. which EVN has a batch of troubles. inexplicitness. wastes a batch of clip. etc. * The merchandising monetary value of the electricity depends on EVN’s determinations. so EVN’s hazard is they have to accept a lower monetary value in comparing with their expected monetary value if they want to sell more and more end products or EVN can non counterbalance the investing cost and the involvement. * The monopoly of EVN blocks significantly attractive force of private investing and other state in the universe make a batch of job for development of EVN * EVN’s sole right in electric market makes it impossible for other investors to put in this industry ( private and foreign investing ) . so curtail the development of it.
V. THE PROSPECTS OF ELECTRIC INDUSTRY
To mobilise investings for electricity development. the authorities applies the methods which are based on the electricity monetary value and prosecute environmental protection. The investing portfolio is different for different power beginnings. However. the Government of Vietnam has set a mark to develop a competitory electricity market in order to better the economic efficiency about the power supplies and the domestic demand. Harmonizing to the Draft program. to develop a competitory electricity market. the electric industry’s development will hold three phases: 1 ) Competitive bring forthing power market ( 2005 -2014 ) : power workss could offer to sell electricity to individual purchaser ; 2 ) Competitive sweeping market ( 2015-2022 ) : sweeping companies could vie to purchase electricity before selling to distributers ; 3 ) Competitive retail market from 2022: consumers can take their ain power providers. Apart from developing a competitory electric market. the addition in the demand of the electric market additions twenty-four hours by twenty-four hours is a chance. In fact. the measure of demand is greater than the measure of supply and in the prognosis. the measure of demand will be continued to lift in long-term with high velocity. Therefore. the authorities focuses on the investing excessively much to better the supply.